Faversham Swimming Club
Faversham Swimming Club was established in 1965 as a seasonal club at a time when the town had only an outdoor pool.
Faversham pools now benefits from both indoor and outdoor pools within one complex. The Club operates year round and provides activities covering a wide range of disciplines within the sport of swimming. Over 300 members from age 5 to 85 benefit from the Club.
- Tadpoles (Beginners) - Children from age 5 upwards learn basic skills and water confidence under the guidance of experienced instructors and can work to achieve badges and awards.
- Improvers - Children develop stroke techniques and build stamina and can gain more advanced awards.
- Squadron - Full training given to committed swimmers in all strokes, turns and starts with a view to entering competitive galas and events at District level.
- Synchro - Strong confident swimmers can learn to dance and move to music in the water, subject to a swimming trial.
- Junior Water Polo - For competent swimmers wishing to initiate in this great water sport. Training is on Sundays 8.30pm to 9.30pm during the winter and Tuesdays 7.45pm to 8.30pm(in the outdoor pool) during the summer. Come along for a trial.
- Adult Water Polo - Open to all members aged over 16 years, new member are always welcome. Training is on Tuesdays 9.00pm to 10.00pm during the winter and 8.30pm to 10.00pm(in the outdoor pool) during the summer. If you think you might be interested please come along for a trial on a Tuesday evening.
- Masters - Adult lane swimming with a training programme, you need to be a member of the club.
For established members (Improver level upwards) additional activities are available:
- Awards - Swimmers have the opportunity to gain ASA awards from basic skills to Honours level plus distance awards
- Competitive Squad - For our committed swimmers who have reached competitive level, training sessions are held 3 - 4 times each week and there are opportunities to take part in competitive galas and events at District level.
- Synchro - members learn the art of synchronised swimming to music and have the opportunity to gain awards and take part in individual and team competitive events
- Junior Water Polo - For competent swimmers, assessment may be required.
- Adult Water Polo - For ages 16 and over, a chance to play a high energy water sport.